Design an Arcade (Spring 2021)
In Spring 2021, third, fourth, and fifth grade GATE students designed their perfect arcade. This project integrated elements of planning, design, and organization with cross curricular activities for students to develop and design their own arcade.
Each part of this project-based learning unit involved an issue or topic that required students to solve, design, create, or research. As students worked through each part, they made their own decisions and choose outcomes based on information they learned. Their finished projects were based on the creators’ imagination, creativity, and knowledge base.
Students needed to:
* create a name, logo, and slogan for the arcade
* develop a supply budget
* invent an arcade game
* decide on prizes for the redemption center
* design, draw, and digitally color 4 video game screens
* create digital artwork on all visible sections of two game consoles
* draw three colorful screenshots for the arcade's app
* explain their marketing strategy
* plan a concession stand
* create a staffing plan for the arcade
* design a map key and map
* use problem solving skills to think of solutions for issues that could arise at an arcade
The Design an Arcade project was done through distance learning during the Covid-19 pandemic. With Google Meets and Google Slides we were able to complete this project.
The videos below show you some of our arcades. Finished or not, everyone is proud of their work and what they learned. We hope you enjoy our masterpieces!
Design an Arcade Google Slide Decks
Use the Click Here button to start the slide show.
Click anywhere to advance to the next slide.
E & Me Arcade